1. PRICE. This is the cheapest we’ll ever be, ever. ($17-22). Either due to imminent success or more likely, inflation.
2. LEARNING. If you’re in your 20s, ever have been, or ever will be, this is the perfect how-to guide. Or rather, the perfect how-not-to guide.
3. ACCESSIBILITY. The material is relatively inoffensive. You can bring your mum, your friend’s mum, or your neighbour’s mum. Just don’t bring our mums, they’re sick of our shit.
4. SAFETY. We’re not gonna spend 10 minutes picking on you if you’re in the front. We’re like spiders, more terrified of you then you are of us.
5. CONTRIBUTING TO DIGGING US OUT OF A HOLE THAT WE, OURSELVES, CREATED. We drunkenly told a bunch of people from our high schools that we’re on an extensive national tour so we need to sell these tickets to visit more than two cities.
Ethan Cavanagh & Sweeney Preston perform Very Mature at Mantra on Russell from Mar 25 – 28 (short run get into it!)
Tickets Available Here: https://www.comedyfestival.com.au/2021/shows/ethan-cavanagh-sweeney-preston
1. If you or someone you love is non-binary or queer.
2. If you’ve ever wondered whether Enya’s Orinoco Flow is powerful enough to stop a bullet.
3. If you want to slim down, shape up and become the best vessel for Christ’s glorious love you can be.
4. If you’re a fan of Eurovision and/or the downfall of the Soviet Union.
5. If you’ve ever had to sit through a free spoken word performance upstairs in a gentrified yoga studio with spiked vegan chai and you want closure.
Scout Boxall Performs Good Egg At Trades Hall 25 Mar – Apr5
Tickets Available Here: https://www.comedyfestival.com.au/2021/shows/scout-boxall-good-egg
1. Because it’s a toe-tapping, wing-flapping, bird-crapping triumph of comedy gold!
2. It follows the tale of a young homosexual on the road to glory. And Grindr. And the callous wasteland we call stand-up comedy. Also there’s an ongoing rivalry with Australian icon Nikki Webster.
3. If you don’t, you’ll miss out on all the live songs that, for copyright reasons, I cannot release outside the live shows! Trust me they’re bangers.
4. One day when I’m Nicole Kidman’s protégé and body double, you’ll wanna be able to say “I saw him when he was still a twink!”
5. It’s a heartfelt and hilarious love letter to my fellow cockatiels growing up queer in Melbourne.
Charlie Zangel performs Cockatiel at Comedy Republic until March 5
Tickets Available Here: https://www.comedyfestival.com.au/2021/shows/cockatiel
1. There are two of us, which could potentially double the opportunity for laughter and fun. It’s maths.
2. If you like upbeat 90s house tracks, horny goblins and 18th-century theatrics.
3. Hannah and Nat are both the third child out of four siblings. Maybe you can relate to our need to be “seen” and our people-pleasing ways? And both their nan’s surnames were McNamara. Yes, we are looking into it. From an aesthetic point of view, Nat and Hannah have really different hair.
4. If you love the thrill of laughing and would like to check out something a little different from stand-up
5. If you watched the successful lockdown web series, Little Shits created by Hannah featuring Nat and wanted to see more, then this is the perfect opportunity
Nat Harris & Hannah Camilleri perform Pét-Nat + Han ah Chocolat aaaa at The Improv Conspiracy Swanston Fridays Saturdays & Sundays
Tickets Available Here: https://www.comedyfestival.com.au/2021/shows/hannah-nat
1. I trolled the Illuminati for 5 months for this show. Make the dissolution of my friendships, career, and self-worth worth it.
2. My mum broke into a Freemason’s lodge to help me research this show.
3. With 6 original songs, this is basically a pop concert about a secret global cabal.
4. I will literally give you the QR code that gets you into the secret page on the official Illuminati Website.
5. We’ve been hearing a lot about the damage that conspiracy thinking has done to the world lately. People are looking for serious, intelligent content providing keen insight into the issue. This is not that show. You will not be refunded.
That One Time I Joined The Illuminati by Lou Wall is on at Storyville Melbourne Apr 6-18
Tickets Available Here: https://www.comedyfestival.com.au/2021/shows/lou-wall
1. It’s an hour-long horror-comedy play! There aren’t many plays on for the festival this year, and even fewer are about goats! We at SGT are proud to be the only ghost goat-centric play* on for this year’s festival.
2. The horror movie shout-outs. We are big fans of classic horror films here at SGT, and we wanted to pay tribute to some of our favourites. From the characters’ names to some key scenes, keen-eyed and eared horror fans will spot some homages to some of the most influential films of the genre.
3. The puns. Oh, the puns. Have you ever wondered how many goat-themed puns can be packed into an hour show? Wonder no more!
4. It’s been in production for 18 months. Scary Goats Tour was originally written in 2019 to be staged for the 2020 Melbourne International Comedy Festival. We all know how that turned out – due to Covid the show was goatsponed to 2021 but now we are ready to grab this year’s festival by the horns!
5. It’s educational! The show features many fun and surprising facts about goats! Did you know that goats can swim? We didn’t until we wrote the show! Come to Scary Goats Tour and learn even more fun facts!
*that we know of.
Scary Goats Tour is on at The Butterfly Club til April 4 (Get in quick!) at 5.30pm
Tickets Available Here: https://www.comedyfestival.com.au/2021/shows/scary-goats-tour