1) Nostalgia galore! We want to relive your childhood fantasies! Who didn’t fall in love with the magic and excitement of Disney classics as kid?
2) We’ve got songs and musical numbers to delight! Let’s be real, it wouldn’t be a princess themed show if somebody didn’t break into song!
3) Real talk! It’s all fun and games in fairytale land but Princess Problems also deconstructs dives deep on social commentary. Princesses can be socially critical… who knew?
4) You’re supporting women in comedy! Meerna Yousif, Tara Fox and Maddison Verduci are all emerging players in the Melbourne comedy scene.
5) It’s funny! With appearances from historical figures and deities, there is plenty to be entertained by!
Princess Problems is on at Crowded in the Vaults from September 19 to 22
1. It’s a show that’s all about the importance of friendship and working together – something the world definitely needs a lot of right now!
2. We do 16 sketches in 50 minutes. That’s ACTION-PACKED comedy.
3. It’s two solo comedy shows in one, running in… Tandem. (We’re quite proud of that one.) That’s double the laughs for the same time!
4. The show is a triple threat: sketch, improv, and music. Did we mention it’s action-packed?!
5. The show features cake, crustaceans, coats, comradely, clergy, and of course… comedy. (Sorry if that breaks the five reasons limit!)
Derek Wilson and Kieran Boyd perform Tandem at Crowded in the Vaults – Vault 11 Sept 11 – 16
1) It’s a high stakes drag character comedy about a children’s beauty pageant.
2) It is pure chaos.
3) The show is being directed by Ell Sachs (The Travelling Sisters) and she’s amazing.
4) We wear white teeth enamel on our teeth and it’s gross but it’s just for you.
5) There are lots of SURPRISES!
The Pageant is on at Trades Hall – Old Council Chambers from September 21 to 29
1) Puppets can do things humans can’t. Sooo many things! (i.e. If you think necromancy is cool then this show is pretty much that but instead of raising dead people with blood and guts, it’s puppets breaking the laws of reality).
2) It will be a bunch of professional puppeteers given totally, unbound, creative freedom…and the results are going to be out there!
3) If you like clown/drag/physical comedy and general silliness.
4) If you also like your comedy with a good dose of queer, feminism politics!
5) If you think puppets are lame, dull, or “just for kids”…think again! This is adults’ puppetry at it’s most wild and weird. 😉
Puppet Jam is on at The Rattlesnake Saloon from September 26 to 28