1. It’s a festival within a festival, so you get twice the festival for once the ticket price.
2. Whether you love Grant Denyer, hate Grant Denyer or are merely indifferent to Grant Denyer, we’ve some jokes for you!
3. There’s a raffle every night! You could win a fabulous prize of some sort!
4. It’s our first show together as a sketch group, so if it turns out we’re good at this thing, you’ll be able to be a comedy snob in five years’ time and be all, “I saw Bess County back when they did their first show and there were just two people watching.”
5. We’ve made a show that’s bursting with big characters and absurd sketches, but it’s got a toasty nugget of heart at its centre, and we think you’ll love it as much as we do.
The First Annual (Doris to insert) Festival is on at Club Voltaire from September 15 to 23