1. Macbeth is a great story and it’s a story that’s relevant to our time. This is a show that will engaged your imagination like a great book. It will have you riveted like one of those Facebook videos of cats doing crazy things with a photocopier machine, or of people jumping off the roof of their friends house onto a trampoline and then being catapulted into the side of said house with orthopedically devastating results.
Plus, when you take your kids to visit friends and family instead of quoting the soulless dialogue from the latest video game they’ll be quoting Shakespeare. Cool, huh?
2. It’s pretty cheap theatre for the family. Theatre is (generally) stupidly expensive. You have to pay for a park, you’re bound to spend money on food and treats and then the ticket prices, yikes!
Macdeth is a steal and it has four other good reason to come and see it (please refer to reasons 1,3, 4 and 5).
3. Macdeth is made for families, so if you’re an adult you can expect to laugh and have a good time and you’ll also enjoy watching that little person you brought along laughing as well.
Hot tip to really make the most of the outing; Plan, book, get there in good time. Do yourself a favour and don’t come rushing into the theatre stressed to the max and then expect us (on stage) to engaged your frazzled mind. Save the sweet treat for your kids till after the show – the sugar fix will have junior about as able to focus on the nuances of well crafted theatre as a broad sword is able to stand in for a butter knife.
4. Macdeth is both funny and moving. People can expect to see a piece of comic theatre that has substance and style. You’ll find it both comic and tragic. It’s like eating sweet and sour, or salt and vinegar, it’s smooth and crunchy.
5. Without getting too heavy handed, you need to give your kids this experience. You need to show them some good theatre because it will help them down the track. Help them get into a better university, have better health, and find a high paying professional job. If you fail to bring your children to this show you’re actually depriving them. Just by walking into The Cooper’s Malthouse theatre you’ll have increased your child’s general wellbeing and achievements in later life. That’s worth the entry price alone. No pressure.
Macdeth is on at The Cooper’s Malthouse