1. Because it’s a toe-tapping, wing-flapping, bird-crapping triumph of comedy gold!
2. It follows the tale of a young homosexual on the road to glory. And Grindr. And the callous wasteland we call stand-up comedy. Also there’s an ongoing rivalry with Australian icon Nikki Webster.
3. If you don’t, you’ll miss out on all the live songs that, for copyright reasons, I cannot release outside the live shows! Trust me they’re bangers.
4. One day when I’m Nicole Kidman’s protégé and body double, you’ll wanna be able to say “I saw him when he was still a twink!”
5. It’s a heartfelt and hilarious love letter to my fellow cockatiels growing up queer in Melbourne.
Charlie Zangel performs Cockatiel at Comedy Republic until March 5
Tickets Available Here: https://www.comedyfestival.com.au/2021/shows/cockatiel