1) The show is about a fascist takeover of a country by a totalitarian warmonger which I’m not sure holds much relevance currently.
2) It’s on at the late night slot of 11:15 so it’d be bedtime for all the lame-os and more room for the cool skater punks who this alternative comedy show was lovingly made for.
3) There’s a talking tumour puppet
4) A middle finger to the Australian media landscape as well as a pinky, an index finger and a thumb to middlebrow sensibilities.
5) Boasts cameos from Little Carmine from The Sopranos to Gilbert Gottfried to Schappelle Corby.
Ross Purdy performs Hey Hey It’s Doomsday at various times and venues