Here is Tom Ballard’s Top 5 Good Reasons to see TOM BALLARD – My Ego Is Better Than Your Ego
1. It’s a profoundly self-indulgent exploration of my ego and self-esteem issues. It’s literally me talking for an hour about me needing you to like me, so it’s got this kind of “charmingly narcissistic” vibe going on.
2. My mum likes to see me being successful.
3. I’m not going to talk to you and humiliate you as an audience member. (Well..except for one person. Just at the start. But it’s not really about them. Or you, if it’s you. Honestly – it’s a good bit.)
4. It’s 100% fair trade and means tested.
5. I am not Ricky Nixon.
Tom Ballard – My Ego Is Better Than Your Ego is on at The Swiss Club throughout the Festival
5 Good Reasons to see Tommy Little – Sex, Drugs & Herbal Tea
5. No animals were harmed in the making of it.
4. You’ll learn about new words like foodie, shelving and lolocaust.
3. I’m not Ricky Nixon.
2. You’ll have a much needed laugh with me, at me or a combination of both.
1. It’s better than sitting alone and surfing the web, yes I’m talking to you, it’s time put down the keyboard and come to the party
TOMMY LITTLE – Sex, Drugs & Herbal Tea is on in the Cloak Room, Melbourne Town Hall throughout the Festival
Tommy Dassalo’s 5 Good Reasons to see Spread.
1. It’s the true story about how my great-grandpa invented Vegemite.
I can guarantee that mine is the only show in the Festival that can claim that… Unless one of my cousins has decided to do a show… Shit… I really should have asked around at the family Christmas party.
2. My drawings are in the show.
I’ve been up until three in the morning every night finishing off drawings for a segment of the show. If you don’t laugh at the drawings, I would ask that you at least chuckle politely at the effort that’s gone into the drawings.
3. I play characters in the show.
Well, just one of them, but still! I’ve never done characters before! Maybe after this I never will again! Come and see me do some ‘acting’ and then be not at all surprised when I tell you that I never got a good role in any of my high school plays.
4. I will be wearing a very nice suit.
Not to brag, but it’s from Arthur Galan. I bought it for a fancy ball last year. Then I realised how dumb it was to spend so much money on something that I only wore for one night. Then I realised if I wear it onstage I can claim it on tax. So you should see my show if you a) like looking at well dressed men or b) are my accountant.
5. My show is at the beautiful Forum theatre.
Obviously in a small room within the Forum theatre, but my dad thinks that I’m in the MAIN, ACTUAL FORUM THEATRE. Hopefully heaps of people come to my show and I get moved into the main theatre and I won’t have to tell my dad that I’ve been lying to him for the last four months. Everybody wins!
[And I am definitely not Ricky Nixon]
Tommy Dassalo’s Spread is on at The Forum Theatre – Ladies’ Lounge