1. I’ll be wearing an Adidas tracksuit, either red, green, light blue or black. Before the show you can discuss with your mates which one you think I’ll be wearing, start a little betting pool then message me on Instagram to rig it in your favour – provided you’re willing to give me 20% of the profits. Make your ticket money back by exploiting your friendships!
2. The show Oh, More Mr. White Guy got a 5 star review in the Adelaide Advertiser. A paper long-regarded as the most culturally significant in Australian history.
3. Laughter is the best medicine. So if you come and laugh really, really hard at my show you will be immune from COVID and any future pandemics. Don’t believe me? Just ask Australia’s #1 scientist Pete Evans!
4. It’s called the Melbourne INTERNATIONAL Comedy Festival but this year most international acts haven’t been allowed into the country so come see the next best thing… an Australian guy who spent 2 years in the UK, and brings it up a lot. Cheers.
5. Limited edition Daniel Muggleton Face Masks will be available after the show for a very reasonable price. Buy one and really upset everybody else on the tram!
Daniel Muggleton performs Oh, More Mr. White Guy at the Carlton Club Mar 28 – Apr 3
Find Tickets Here: https://www.comedyfestival.com.au/2021/shows/daniel-muggleton-oh-more-mr-white-guy
1. We don’t believe in long drawn-out scenes that bore you to death. Our show is fast-paced and quirky, inspired by our love of sketch comedy.
2. If you’ve been stuck at home for most of last year, only popping out to buy more grog, we are here to help. You do need a laugh.
3. More than 87% of our script did actually happen for real. Strange patients do exist and they do and say the strangest things at the dentist’s. We believe it’s cos they’re shit-scared.
4. If you’re a high-flyer type and are somewhat fucked off with your lifestyle, this play will give you some degree of therapy. We’re all in this together. Honest.
5. Dentists and their entire team are mostly human. But do think twice before booking in on a Friday afternoon.
Don’t Trust me, I’m a Dentist is a play directed by Roz Hammond. It is on at the Meat Market on weekends between Mar 27 and Apr 18
Tickets Available Here: https://www.comedyfestival.com.au/2021/shows/don-t-trust-me-i-m-a-dentist
1. Bold sketches, outrageous songs – a night of comedy and entertainment that you will never forget!
2.This show is a love (or hate) letter to all the things that make you stressed and worried. From wooing a potential lover to sleep deprivation – Callum slaps them in the face and sends them packing!
3. This show is at The Butterfly Club, an amazingly quirky venue that is right in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD. The best food & drink are right at your fingertips before or after the show!!
4. Callum plays the ukulele…. need we say more?
5. Yes! We will say one last thing – If you have read this far without booking…. what are you doing?! Book now!
Callum Straford presents Your Best Worst Nightmares at The Butterfly Club Apr 12 – 19
Tickets Available Here: https://www.comedyfestival.com.au/2021/shows/your-best-worst-nightmares
1. The Miracle Elixir! Do you have a lame brain or suffer from the inability to whistle a merry tune? Well this show features a miracle cure all that is guaranteed* to fix any and all ailments!
2. Real life brothers! This show is written and performed by actual brothers, the Burton Brothers! We have put together our shared lifetime of brotherly silliness and occasional bullying, all for your entertainment!
3. Cowboys! If you love westerns or any old buckaroos then you won’t be disappointed with this show.
4. Adelaide loved it! We just did this show at the Adelaide Fringe Festival where it was met with critical acclaim and sell out shows!
5. Songs! This show features multiple songs, one of the brothers is a great singer, the other is just trying to keep up. Come and guess which one is which!
The Burton Brothers perform Snake Oil at The Improv Conspiracy April 8 – 18
Tickets Available Here: https://www.comedyfestival.com.au/2021/shows/burton-brothers-presents-snake-oil
1. You’re always angsty.
2. You know someone who is always angsty.
3. You want to laugh about it because if you don’t they (the people in charge of angstyness) win!
4. You enjoy a show with one (1) reference to 1990’s teen pop sensation band Hanson.
5. You like a nice glass of cab sav (nothing to do with the show but Alex will probably want to be friends with you).
Alex Jae performs No Sorry, You Go at The Imperial Hotel Mar 24 – Apr4
Tickets Available Here: https://www.comedyfestival.com.au/2021/shows/alex-jae
1 – Jeanne Little was an Australian legend and comedy trailblazer.
2 – Jeanne Little bravely went comedically where no Australian woman had gone before.
3 – Jeanne Little is a fantastic rags-to-riches story played with great aplomb by Caroline Ferguson.
4 – Dahlin! It’s The Jeanne Little Show is a wonderful play, not stand up, and hence different.
5 – Dahlin! is a great history lesson about of the 70s and 80s Australian showbiz.
Dahlin! It’s The Jeanne Little Show is on at Loop Project Space & Bar at 5pm for only 5 performances Mar 24, 25, 30, 31 and Apr 1
Tickets available here: https://www.comedyfestival.com.au/2021/shows/dahlin-it-s-the-jeanne-little-show