1. To prepare for the show I quit comedy for 18 months to become a professional sports car driver. After I won the world championship I resigned from Porsche to put on the show, turning my back on the excitement, the adventure, the fame, the travel, the women, the money and… oh god, what have I done?!
2. If you’ve ever wanted to watch a Le Mans race, the bloody thing lasts for 24 hours. I condense the race into about ten minutes, so I’m saving you a lot of time. I’m also saving you leave from work, a trip to France and about 3000€.
3. One of the many characters I play is a cowboy named Buck Wild West McCowboy. I think that reason speaks for itself.
4. Simon, are there any shows in the Melbourne International Comedy Festival this year that feature a monkey who realises its dream to become a race car driver? Hmm, no. Not that I can think of. Tell you what; I’ll chuck it in my show to fill the gap in the market.
5. Destiny Racer is the ultimate racing story. There are thrills, spills, people mopping up the spills, speed, drama, Nazis, cowboys, cars, corruption and a tree that fakes its own death. It’s fast, furious and funny and a lot cheaper than a trip to France.
Simon Godfrey performs Destiny Racer at The Tuxedo Cat from April 7
For more information See the MICF Website: