1. With a unique blend of fast paced comedy and high-tech audio-visual design, a Game Boys show is unlike anything you’ll see at the festival.
2. They were nominated for Best Comedy at Melbourne Fringe last year. So you know the Fringe Festival thinks they’re creative, original, unique and the perfect amount of weird still palatable by the mainstream.
3. They were nominated for the Golden Gibbo in 2017. So you know the Comedy Festival thinks they’re creative, original, unique and financially unsustainable.
4. Jurassic Park is the greatest film of all time. Fact.
5. Above all, everyone leaves a Game Boys show with a big smile on their faces. Everyone gets swept up in the brother’s infectious personalities and sharp writing plus they’ve spared no expense.
Game Boys Cinematic Universe is on at ACMI Mar 28 – Apr 7
1) With a unique blend of low-fi handmade props and high-tech audio-visual design, a Game Boys show is unlike anything you’ll see at the festival.
2) They don’t look it, but they really are brothers. Creating comedy shows together is unique. Descending into petty bickering with your sibling is not. But Blanka is way better than Guile.
3) Wide World of Esports may take place at the Elympics of 2092, but this alternate universe looks suspiciously like 1992. It’s set in the future, but it’s also about your childhood.
4) They were nominated for the Golden Gibbo last year. So you know the Comedy Festival thinks they’re creative, original, unique and financially unsustainable.
5) Above all, everyone leaves a Game Boys show with a big smile on their faces. Gamers and non-games alike get swept up in the brother’s infectious personalities and sharp writing.
Wide World of Esports is on at Trades Hall – The Quilt Room until April 22
1. You’ve played more video games than you realise – You’ll enjoy it whether you’re a gamer or not. But lets be honest, there’s no one reading this who hasn’t played Tetris or The Sims.
2. The Sims – If you delighted in torturing your sims by locking them in a room as they busted to go to the toilet then prepare to torture Eden live on stage.
3. Nostalgia – Take a stroll through your old save games as they navigate growing up in the 90s with Cheez TV, slap bands and crying when you lose a game of NBA Jam. ‘Member NBA Jam? And Doom, if you’ve wanted to be a Pinky Demon from Doom then don’t miss out.
4. High fidelity graphics – The show looks crisp running in 4k at a stable 60fps with HDR, it looks so realistic it’s almost like you’re in the room with them.
5. Mario Kart – Recreated live on stage. For real. If you’ve ever wanted to throw a green shell at Luigi (or Josh) then this is your chance.
Game Boys: Free to Play is on at Tuxedo Cat from September 29 to October 1